What exactly is a Virtual Assistant and how can you be of benefit?
A virtual assistant is a self-employed person who is contracted to work with you on specific tasks. These could be once off projects or ongoing support.
Basically look at it as an administrative assistant or secretarial support but they do not to work from your location. They work from their own remote office.
How does working with someone who is not located in your office benefit you?
- You only pay for the time that you need. Unlike a full time employee who may not necessarily be busy 100% of the time, a Virtual Assistant can track their exact time spent on your tasks with a time tracking software and submit this to you at the end of each month.
- No employee related taxes, insurance, holiday or sick pay.
- No training required.
- No need for additional office space or equipment.
- Time is as valuable as money. We need to value our time. By outsourcing your repetitive administrative tasks to a Virtual Assistant you can use the hours that you spend on these tasks and focus on your core business functions or even spend the additional time with your family and friends.
So what tasks can you outsource to your virtual assistant? Let’s take a look.
- Email and Calendar management
- Contact management
- Internet research
- Travel planning
- Microsoft Office – PowerPoint Presentations, Excel spreadsheets, Word documentation.
- Convert word document to PDF
- Convert your handwritten notes into a Word document
- Database management
- Mail merging
- Create and send mailshots
- Data entry
- Proof reading
- Client calls
- Audio transcription
- Check your voice-mail and send you transcription by email
- Schedule and confirm your appointments
- Obtain quotes from companies and suppliers
- Research information on a person or a company
- Create reports and charts based on supplied data
Social Media and Website
- Manage and post on social media accounts
- Website management
This is just the tip of the iceberg, the list is endless.
Do you feel that you need additional administrative support within your business but do not necessarily want or have the resources to hire a full time employee?
Maybe you should consider outsourcing your tasks to a Virtual Assistant?